Fighting for Your Unpaid Wages in Hollister, CA
Employment Attorney in Hollister & Silicon Valley
When you perform work for an employer, you have a right to be paid. Federal
and state laws protect employees through labor laws and by requiring that
employers pay their workers in a timely manner. Common unpaid wage lawsuits include:
- Minimum wage violations
- Failure to provide meal breaks
- Improper pooling of tips
Is your employer withholding your pay or denying you your overtime wages?
It is time to call a
Hollister employment lawyer at Marder Employment Law.
By law, an employer must pay you your wages in a time-sensitive manner.
- If you have been laid off or wrongfully terminated, your employer must
pay you immediately (including money owed to you for unused vacation day
and time-off benefits).
- If you voluntarily resign, you are entitled to receive all wages owed to
you within 72 hours.
Do I have unpaid wages?
In California, the extent of a worker's right to wages or benefits
will often depend on whether they are classified as an "employee"
or an "independent contractor." If an employer wrongfully classified
you as an independent contractor, he/she could face severe penalties.
Find out more about pursuing an unpaid wage claim by contacting Bill Marder
today. Bill only requires payments from clients if there is a recovery.
Otherwise, all fees and costs will be waived.
Employers illegally withhold pay from employees in a variety of ways. These include:
- Asking you to work off the clock.
- Charging you for uniforms or other supplies.
- Failing to pay the minimum wage.
- Failing to pay wages for overtime.
- Failing to pay commissions.
- Failing to pay for meal breaks.
- Failing to pay your final wages after termination.
- Failing to pay an employee for time spent preparing for work.
- Failing to pay an employee for time spent at mandatory meetings, training, etc.
If you were illegally denied your rightfully earned wages, you could be
entitled to back pay and an equal amount as liquidated damages, plus attorney's
fees and court costs.
Learn More During a Free Initial Consultation: (888) 796-4010
Think you may have been denied your rightfully earned wages? This is a
violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and you may be able to file
a wage claim. Contact Marder Employment Law for help. Attorney Bill Marder offers
free, no obligation and confidential consultations and is prepared to put his
more than 20 years of legal experience to work for you.
Here are some examples of successful unpaid wage claims that Bill has handled:
- $5 million in unpaid wages case
- $4.75 million in unpaid wages case
- $1.5 million in unpaid wages case